Monday, January 27, 2014

New things (to develop core strength)

I was so busy laughing I forgot to get a photo.
On Sunday I tried slacklining for the first time. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while failing so completely at a physical task. I'd lose my balance to one side, put all my effort into holding myself there, then start laughing as I feel my weight shift beyond the point of recovery, and then go tumbling off. If you want an activity with a high concentration of laughing and swearing, give slacklining a go!

I did get the hang of it after a couple of hours, which is an awesome feeling. But when I went to bed that night it took me a good 10 minutes to get my brain to stop trying to shift my balance.

Today I took my first 'fitness class' at the gym. A 30 minute CXWORX core strength class. Less laughter, but the 30 minutes flew by. I took it easy because I didn't know what was coming, but it still confirmed that, yep, my core (especially lower back) is my weakest link. I have a personal trainer session tomorrow so I might ask to focus on that.


I re-watched Sasuke 21 (2008) on the weekend -- the one where **SPOILER ALERT** Nagano would have cleared the 3rd stage except for a dodgy final obstacle. **/SPOILER
Man, that show is unforgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment